Friday, October 25, 2013

“Children’s Moon” 5” x 7” Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry







“Children’s Moon” 

 5" x 7"

 Original Pastel Painting 

by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry


$125.00...+ Shipping

SOLD



I used Wallis sanded paper as the ground and a mix of soft pastels. I took the reference photo for this painting from my north patio early one morning looking west over the Rockies. I don’t always have my pastels handy when a beautiful scene presents itself, so photos serve me well. 
 

I was captivated by the moon still appearing in the morning sky. The colors were soft and inviting, and I wanted to capture the feel of that. When the painting was finished, I struggled with a name for the painting (one of my more difficult tasks). I decided to do a little research about the moon appearing in the morning. I found that this was called the “children’s moon.”  Because children often go to bed before moonrise at night, they don’t get to see it then. This morning appearance is the moon that the children get to see when they awaken. I was captivated by the story and decided on the name! I hope you like it.


This painting is matted and framed out to an 8 x 10 size, ready for hanging. Although, if purchased matted but unframed, the shipping would be less and will fit in a standard-sized frame.

AWARD WINNER


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment