Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pastel Landscape Work-in-progress by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry








Pastel Painting in Progress

 by

Margretta S. Perry



This pastel painting is definitely a work in progress. This is probably the 4th or 5th day of work. There are pieces of it that are really working well, and others I have barely addressed yet. It is one of the largest pastel paintings I've worked on. The size is intimidating, not because of the actual size of the painting, but because of the WEIGHT of the finished work when framed with glass. I usually paint smaller pieces because they are easier to pack up, deliver to shows, and carry to venues. We'll see how this works out...

I've just picked up some very deep colors in pastel--the deepest blue and green I could find, a light turquoise with which to finish these amazing Colorado skies, and a couple of those delicious spring greens. I also use a deep 'Merlot' color in my Terry Ludwig pastels which will add the darkest values yet in the foliage. Keep watching to see how this progresses.




Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.








No comments:

Post a Comment