Monday, December 10, 2012

“Dawn on the Farm” ”11x14 ” Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry





“Dawn on the Farm” 
11"x14 ”
Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry
SOLD

This painting is of a barn located in Louisville, Colorado. I happened across this location when I was just driving and looking. I really liked the three trees in front with the barn and other outbuildings and silos behind. I started with a bright orange pastel as the base color and brushed it with alcohol to keep it from mixing into the complementary colors and greying them down. You can see the orange coming through in places which gives it a warm color harmony throughout. Although I saw the barn in the afternoon when taking photos, I wanted to capture a warm, early morning glow coming in from behind. I remember those early, frosty mornings as a child and wanted to share that vision with you.

I used Wallis sanded paper as the ground and a mix of soft pastels.

No comments:

Post a Comment